When the Muse Comes A-Knockin'

So, I've officially pulled another late night, though I thank the gods I did not just sit on my butt and watch YouTube videos all this time. No, I set about doing what I intended and that was... write at least two to three hundred words!

Thing is, I started and then I got lost in the story.

No complaints here! I do not know about you, if anyone reading this blog is a fellow aspiring author. But I love it when I get swept up in my writing! When I can hear dialogue, see characters interacting; feel, taste, and smell the world around them. To me, it just feels so much more real. Some call it immersion, and I agree with that word. If I'm immersed in a scene, then hopefully, that means a reader will be too. There I was, minding my own business, just typing up the scene as it had played out in my head, stewing and brewing for a couple of days. I had character interaction and back story stuff (a decent blend of the two I feel, though the book is in rough first draft). Witty dialogue that was snarky in places. Then... whoosh! An action scene rushes in and takes my emotions for a spin!

Nearly half an hour since I finished chapters four and five, and I'm still reeling! Whew! I just wanted to share it with you. When you write, no matter what it is: a poem, letter, short story, novel, screenplay... Do yourself a favor and lose yourself in the world. Don't try and control the plot too much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Effort of Compassion

Excitement, Danger, Adventure: Will You Pass"The Iron Trial"?

The Mortal in the Immortal: My Thoughts on Anne Rice's, "The Queen of the Damned"